There is currently concern over staff in healthcare settings, such as hospitals and maternity units, being exposed to nitrous oxide, in the form of ‘gas and air’ or Entonox. With only a small range of instruments or sensors currently available for detecting and measuring the presence of this substance in air, it is essential that any areas where nitrous oxide is used and stored be kept well ventilated. Checks should be carried out to confirm this.
Buildings and areas that are mechanically ventilated are less likely to experience an accumulation of nitrous oxide, providing that the mechanical ventilation system is functioning correctly. Supply and extract ventilation rates in these areas should therefore be checked regularly to confirm that they are adequate and working as expected. Naturally ventilated areas may be more problematic.
BRE can independently review, assess, and measure the ventilation provision in areas of healthcare settings likely to be affected by nitrous oxide.
- TESTING, CERTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION HOME
- DATA AND INSIGHTS
- RESEARCH & INNOVATION
- CASE STUDIES & INSIGHTS
- CONTACT US
For more information
What we offer:
- Independent review, inspection, and assessment of the ventilation provision in areas of healthcare settings likely to be affected by elevated nitrous oxide concentrations, as a minimum.
- Measurement of ventilation flow rates and parameters indicative of level of ventilation (for example CO2).
How we can help:
- Advisory and on-site services, both reactive and proactive, on potential exposure of nitrous oxide, ventilation and other aspects of indoor environmental quality.
- Provision of technical reports.
- Collaborative research.
Benefits of working with BRE:
Step 1 - Book a call
Book a call with our team today via [email protected]
Step 2 - Discuss your specific requirements:
Discuss your specific requirements: testing requirements, timescales, and goals with one of our experts.
Step 3 - Signing technical fee proposal
When the plan is agreed, issue and signing of technical fee proposal.
Step 4 - Programme undertaken
Step 5 - Technical report
Technical report sent to the customer with results.
Typical timescales will depend on the scope of the work.
You may also be interested in:
Enquire about our services
Call us today: +443333218811 or use the form below: