- BRE Technical Notes
- New Technology Recognition (Appendix Q)
- SAP Industry Forum
- SAP Scientific Integrity Group
- Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP 2009)
- Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP 2012)
- Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP 2016)
Standard Assessment Procedure
The 2012 edition of the Standard Assessment Procedure, SAP 2012, can be downloaded from this page.
SAP 2012 was until recently used for building regulation compliance for new dwellings in England and in Wales (Part L) from 31 July 2014 but SAP 10.2 has now been adopted in these administration and must be used for all new assessments. SAP 2012 is still used in Scotland (Section 6) since 1 October 2015.
Where still applicable, SAP 2012 should be used in conjunction with BR443 2006 (for calculating U-values) rather than the newer BR443 2019, which is designed for use with SAP 10.2. The only exception to this is where the 2019 edition includes guidance for items not covered by the 2006 edition, in which case the approaches detailed in the 2019 edition may be used immediately.
RdSAP 2012 should continue to be used to produce Energy Performance Certificates for existing dwellings in all parts of the UK until further notice. RdSAP 2012 v9.94 (third link below) remains the current version.
SAP methodology and approved software:
SAP 2012 document (October 2013, updated June 2014, with minor corrections December 2014)
RdSAP 2012 v9.93 (SUPERSEDED – used from 19th November 2017)
RdSAP 2012 v9.94 (CURRENT – used from 22nd September 2019)
Current list of approved SAP 2012 software (15th June 2020)
Current list of approved RdSAP 2012 software (20th September 2019)
Current list of approved ECO software using RdSAP 2012 (20th August 2015)
- SAP-2012 9-92
- SAP conventions v7.01
- SAP conventions v8.0 – from 01-Sep-18
- SAP conventions v8.1 – from 01-Sep-19
- SAP conventions v8.2 – from 01-Mar-21
- RdSAP conventions 10.0
- RdSAP conventions 11.0 – from 01-Sep-19
- RdSAP conventions 11.1 – from 01-Dec-20
- RdSAP conventions 11.2 – from 01-06-21
- RdSAP conventions 11.3 – from 01-03-22
- Emission and primary factors 2013-2027
- Fuel prices from July 2023
- Weather data for SAP 2012
- Scotland Section 7 Calculator