- Data and insights
- Testing, certification and verification
- Acoustics testing
- Approved certifiers of design Scotland – domestic and non-domestic buildings
- Assessment of indoor environmental quality and ventilation in healthcare buildings
- Effects of new buildings on TV reception
- Engineering support
- Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) EN 15804
- Environmental Technology Verification
- Fire safety testing
- Heat pump testing
- Indoor environment testing
- ISO 14001
- ISO 45001:2018
- ISO 9001
- Mental Health Product Testing
- Partition wall testing
- Post-tensioning kits
- Pre-cast Reinforced Concrete (Repair Scheme)
- Products for Mental Health Safeguarding (ProMHS)
- Recessed downlights testing
- Reducing potential exposure to nitrous oxide in different settings
- Wind load testing
- Research & Innovation
- Expert witness
As well as contributing to building regulations and managing codes and standards for government, our teams develop our own standards in partnership with external experts and industry. We do this to help ensure that products or service perform as they should, and to support the introduction of new and unproven technologies.
Loss Prevention Standards (LPS)
The internationally respected LPS suite of standards give confidence that fire safety products and services will deliver effective fire prevention, detection, alarm and suppression, and that security systems will give protection against criminal intrusion and terrorist attack.
- Automatic Sprinkler, Water Spray and Deluge Systems
- Firebreak Doors and Shutters
- Fire Detection and Alarm Systems
- Fixed Fire Fighting Systems
- Manual Fire Fighting Systems
- Passive Fire Protection Products and Systems
- Security Assessments – SABRE
- Security Systems
- Smoke and Fire Ventilation Systems
- Watermist Systems
The demand for greater sustainability has generated a large market for ‘green’ products, some of which come with dubious sustainability claims. Our environmental standards demonstrate that products and services genuinely achieve the sustainability benefits they claim.
BREEAM – a trusted benchmark of sustainability around the world, BREEAM sets standards for buildings, communities and infrastructure in a very broad range of sustainability issues in nine categories: Energy, Waste, Water, Materials, Health and Wellbeing, Transport, Pollution, Land Use & Ecology, and Management.
BES 6001 – Framework Standard for Responsible Sourcing– our framework standard – BES 6001 – ensures that construction products have been responsibly and ethically sourced throughout the supply chain.
Ethical Labour Sourcing Standard (ELS) – The Ethical Labour Sourcing Standard, BES 6002, enables you to demonstrate to customers, partners and other stakeholders, your company’s commitment to eliminating any possibility of trafficking or modern slavery in your supply chain.
Environmental Technology Verification (ETV) – when an innovative product is developed, there may be no accepted industry standard to verify its performance. ETV schemes, such as that run by BRE Global, provide performance verification on which customers and investors can rely.
Certified Thermal Details and Products – providing accurate and independently assessed thermal junction details, products and elements throughout the design and specification process
Approved Certifiers of Design – assisting building owners and designers to exceed current regulations to maximise fuel efficiency and use less energy