- BRE Technical Notes
- New Technology Recognition (Appendix Q)
- SAP Industry Forum
- SAP Scientific Integrity Group
- Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP 2009)
- Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP 2012)
- Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP 2016)
Standard Assessment Procedure
The Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) is the UK Government’s National Calculation Methodology for assessing the energy performance of dwellings. It is used to facilitate various national, devolved and local government policies including Building Regulations and for the production of Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs).
SAP was first published in 1993, but has since been updated regularly, with new versions published in 1998, 2001, 2005, 2009 and 2012. The version currently in use for most applications is SAP 2012. However, SAP 10 is due to come into use from June 2022 in England, then in Wales and Scotland later in the year.