Services including; mechanical properties, detecting contamination, unstable ground, polluted soil, movement, subsidence and landfill
BRE ground engineering services include:
- determining the mechanical properties of ground and detecting contamination
- rectifying or avoiding problems with foundations on unstable ground
- treating polluted soil and using in-ground barriers to solve contaminated land problems treating ground that has been covered with industrial or domestic waste, or is naturally loose and compressible
- assessing and ensuring the long-term performance and safety of embankment dams
- monitoring buildings, tunnels, etc threatened by heave, subsidence lateral ground movement, the collapse of old mines and landslides.
- dealing with landfill and other ground gases/vapours – see also Health and safety