- Data and insights
- Testing, certification and verification
- Acoustics testing
- Approved certifiers of design Scotland – domestic and non-domestic buildings
- Assessment of indoor environmental quality and ventilation in healthcare buildings
- Effects of new buildings on TV reception
- Engineering support
- Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) EN 15804
- Environmental Technology Verification
- Fire safety testing
- Heat pump testing
- Indoor environment testing
- ISO 14001
- ISO 45001:2018
- ISO 9001
- Mental Health Product Testing
- Partition wall testing
- Post-tensioning kits
- Pre-cast Reinforced Concrete (Repair Scheme)
- Products for Mental Health Safeguarding (ProMHS)
- Recessed downlights testing
- Reducing potential exposure to nitrous oxide in different settings
- Wind load testing
- Research & Innovation
- Expert witness
Housing stock modelling
Housing stock modelling for local authorities
We provide local authorities with the information they need for periodic reviews of housing stock condition in their areas. These reviews support an authority’s housing strategy and corporate plan and thereby contribute to the public good.
We can provide local authorities with estimates for key housing and energy variables at dwelling level, which can be aggregated to Census Output Area (COA), ward and authority level.
The estimates are calculated from statistical models. Inputs to the models include a national dwelling level database of dwelling descriptors, while data from the English Housing Survey (EHS) is used to inform the mathematical algorithms of the model (English House Condition Survey (EHCS) and the Survey of English Housing (SEH) have merged to become the English Housing Survey (EHS) )
As well as the dwelling level data we can provide maps and summary tabulations, usually in the context of a report. Recommendations can also be made on how to use the information in developing a housing strategy.
Accurate picture of local conditions
Most authorities commissioning our services ask us to combine the models with locally gathered data, to develop more bespoke models that provide a local house condition and energy database. Such databases can provide a still more accurate and updatable picture of local conditions and make it easier to develop improvement programs and monitor their impact.
Private sector housing data
While our data covers all tenures, most local authorities who commission our stock modelling services are seeking data on private sector stock for which information is much more difficult to gather. This is reflected in the key variables delivered, notably Housing Health and Rating Systems (HHSRS) Category 1 hazards, which are very much tailored to supporting an authority’s private sector housing function, fuel poverty and energy efficiency programs.