- Data and insights
- Testing, certification and verification
- Acoustics testing
- Approved certifiers of design Scotland – domestic and non-domestic buildings
- Effects of new buildings on TV reception
- Engineering support
- Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) EN 15804
- Environmental Technology Verification
- Fire safety testing
- Heat pump testing
- Indoor environment testing
- ISO 14001
- ISO 45001:2018
- ISO 9001
- Mental Health Product Testing
- Partition wall testing
- Post-tensioning kits
- Pre-cast Reinforced Concrete (Repair Scheme)
- Products for Mental Health Safeguarding (ProMHS)
- Recessed downlights testing
- Reducing potential exposure to nitrous oxide in different settings
- Wind load testing
- Research & Innovation
- Expert witness
Demonstration on-site and laboratory durability study
The ECO-Binder project implemented industrial R&D activities related to developing Belite-Ye’elimite-Ferrite (BYF) based low-CO2 binders and demonstrating the possibility of replacing Portland Cement-based concrete products with new ones based on the new Belite-Ye’elimite-Ferrite (BYF) technology. The new generation of concrete-based construction materials and prefabricated building envelope components are targeted to give a 30% lower carbon footprint, 20% better insulating performance and 15% lower cost than current solutions based on Portland cement.
BRE carried out independent concrete durability and monitoring studies (WP4 and WP6). Some of the results were presented at a conference and published in an abstract.
The full reference to the project results as presented:
Andrew DUNSTER, Martin KAASGAARD, Claus PADE, Blandine ALBERT, Jan SKOCEK, Emmanuel SCHMITT. Marco NUCCI. “ECO-Binder project: Demonstration on site and laboratory durability study” Proceedings of the 38th Cement and Concrete Science Conference 10-11 September 2018 (Eds M Tyrer, E Ganjian and A West) 2018. Publisher Coventry University, (2018). ISBN-13 978-1-84600-088-1.
HORIZON 2020 RESEARCH PROJECT. The ECO-Binder project was supported by the European Commission under the Energy Theme of the Horizon 2020 for research and Technological development. Grant Agreement number 637138
For more information visit The ECO-Binder project homepage and Fenix.tnt.