Getting to net zero is one of the highest priorities for most organisations nowadays. Internal and external stakeholders want to see meaningful reduction initiatives, like transitioning to low carbon energy, decarbonisation and the effective use of sustainable products and methodologies, all the while addressing social impacts and improving returns.
We understand that developing and successfully implementing a net zero strategy for your organisation is daunting. After all, the many components that combined to form a strategy have been part of our research for decades.
- Where do you begin?
- How do you select your goals?
- How might they compare with your peers and competitors, and how will that affect you commercial standing?
- What measures, methodologies and practices could be applied to achieve it?
- Are you able to quantify the potential outcomes if you were to execute your plan?
How does BRE Strategic Advisory help?
BRE Strategic Advisory provide extensive insight and consultancy that help clients build and navigate their net zero route map. We are able to supply a range of professional, relevant resources and customisable services:
Experienced consulting resource
â€“ using BRE science and expertise to deliver proven sustainability strategies, providing clients with independent advice and guidance.
Crystallise the context, ambition and aims
â€“ develop an understanding of the mission, client aspirations and aims for sustainability across applicable dimensions including site, design and materials.
Rapid evidence review
â€“ bring together current and emerging national, regional, local policy, scientific research, financial initiatives, industry led roadmaps, standards and working groups and policy initiatives from influential organisations linked to the clientâ€™s operational landscape.
Internal stakeholder engagement
â€“ across company, departments, and teams draw out the aspirations, potential opportunities, risks and synergies. Look for examples of good practice. Create a better understanding of challenges, what hasnâ€™t worked previously, potential barriers to moving forward and how they can be overcome.
External stakeholder engagement
â€“ engage with a range of current and potential future stakeholders using both the client and BRE networks: supply chain, technical, trade, policy, financial, social, industry collaborators and customers.
Technical support and review
â€“ identify the priorities; the client canâ€™t do everything at once. What measures can be taken to understand how the client is performing. Determine market capacity and supply chain review. Deep dive into priority technical themes including: energy, renewable technologies, ventilation, whole life carbon, embodied carbon, waste, climate resilience, social value, wider health and wellbeing issues, ageing population, etc.
Creation of vision, bespoke bitesize route map
â€“ develop a vision and roadmap to implement the mission. Use the technical analysis and engagement to ensure that the Sustainability Route Map is succinct and will have lasting impact.
â€“ in combination with user-friendly tools and methodologies, such as SmartWaste, provide ongoing, independent assessment and advice on the Net Zero Route Map performance.
â€“ providing benchmark and performance indicator measurement to help clients understand where strategies are being successful, which areas need attention, and how they compare with their peers.
What Benefits does BRE Strategic Advisory deliver?
Using BRE Strategic Advisory to establish your Net Zero Route Map can realise several benefits:
Enhance your reputation, brand and stakeholder relationships
- Evidence resource conservation, increased efficiency, and responsible and sustainable sourcing
- Build confidence with investors
- Demonstrate committed sustainability goals to inform increasingly enlightened customers
- Recognise growing market demands and protect growth opportunities
- Develop resilience against future climate change regulation
Increase project value
- Encourage innovation and competitiveness
- Support achievement of BREEAM certification and the corresponding increase in asset value
- Identify materials that can be reused and recycled
- Manage waste sustainably and at the highest value
- Forecast outcomes and plan more effectively based upon more detailed and more accurate data