CEEQUAL Assessors are at the centre of the CEEQUAL assessment process, helping projects to consider sustainability at the most appropriate times. CEEQUAL Verifiers help guide the Assessor through the assessment process and provide third-party verification of the final rating.
Find out more about the roles, how they differ, and how you can become a CEEQUAL Assessor or CEEQUAL Verifier below.
CEEQUAL is a self-assessment process carried out by a trained CEEQUAL Assessor and externally verified by a CEEQUAL-appointed Verifier.
The CEEQUAL assessor drives the assessment process forward to ensure projects obtain the highest CEEQUAL rating possible.
CEEQUAL assessors assess the sustainability of infrastructure, civil engineering, landscaping, and public realm projects. The assessor influences the project team to consider sustainability issues at appropriate times. Under the guidance of the CEEQUAL verifier, the assessor is responsible for assessing the project and arriving at a rating.
The CEEQUAL verifier guides the assessor and verifies the final assessment to ensure the rating is accurate.
CEEQUAL verifiers are independent from the project team. They provide impartial, third-party credibility to the final rating. The verifier acts as a guide and mentor to theÂ assessor, helping them with any queries or issues. CEEQUAL verifiers are more experienced CEEQUAL users. They are selected from a pool of assessors who have completed at least one assessment, so that they can provide the best support possible to assessors.
–Â Take the lead in carrying out the assessment
– Propose scoping and reach agreement with the verifier
– Arrange the scoping and verification meetings
– Collect the evidence and upload it to the online assessment platform
– Inform the verifier that the assessment is ready for verification
– Meet the verifier for the verification meeting
– Respond to the verifierâ€™s queries
– Comply with the CEEQUAL Code of Conduct
– Reach agreement with assessor about scope out
– Mentor first-time assessors on their first assessment
– Respond to the assessorâ€™s queries about the CEEQUAL process during the assessment
– Review and verify the completed assessment
– Inform CEEQUAL that the verified assessment is ready for ratification
– Act as an ambassador for CEEQUAL Ltd and comply with the CEEQUAL Code of Conduct
– Keep up to date with Scheme updates
How to Become a CEEQUAL Assessor or Verifier
A member of a project or contract team must attend our two-day CEEQUAL Assessor course,Â appropriate toÂ the type of assessment to be undertaken (Projects or Term Contracts).
TheÂ assessorÂ courseÂ providesÂ the professional training necessary to enable participants to carry out CEEQUAL assessments. By successfully completing ourÂ assessor course and passing the assessment, participants will become certified CEEQUAL Assessors and receive a signed certificate.
You need to be a trained assessor and have carried out at least one full formal verified CEEQUAL assessment. New verifiers are recruited by CEEQUAL – an open invitation is issued to all assessors who fit this profile. The process involves:
– Submitting a written application
– Attending a two-day training course
– Successfully completing continual assessments and a 90-minute exam