BRE has created partnerships with Instituto Tecnológico de Galicia (ITG) and Grønn Byggallianse (NGBC) to deliver BREEAM Infrastructure Foundations training and promote BREEAM Infrastructure in Spain and Norway. The agreement with Grønn Byggallianse also aims to engage the construction industry and demonstrate how BREEAM In-Use can benefit projects in Norway.
For over a decade, BRE has worked with ITG and NGBC, the organisations responsible for the development and delivery of the BREEAM ES and BREEAM NOR schemes. These partnerships will provide added value to BREEAM Infrastructure assessors and clients operating in Spain and Norway, further improving project performance to drive sustainability and standards for their BREEAM Infrastructure assets.
“We’re delighted to be partnering with leading organisations, the Instituto Tecnológico de Galicia in Spain and Grønn Byggallianse in Norway. These partnerships will open up opportunities for industry in Spain and Norway to take advantage of the benefits of BREEAM through a local partner, in our collective drive for net zero” said Kay Tyrrell, Senior Partnerships Account Manager, BRE.
Under the new agreements, our partners will be undertaking:
- Delivery of translated BREEAM Infrastructure Foundations and Assessor Training (in Norway)
- Translation of the BREEAM Infrastructure manuals
- Engagement with the infrastructure industry in their markets
- Collation of market feedback for BRE.
Grønn Byggallianse has created guidance on the use of BREEAM Infrastructure within Norway. The non-profit organisation is a source of knowledge for the Norwegian industry and has worked with BRE for a decade as its National Scheme Operator for New Construction in Norway. The activities they will undertake for BREEAM In-Use on BRE’s behalf will be:
- Creating guidance on the use of the scheme within Norway.
- Providing market feedback to BRE
- Translation of the BREEAM Infrastructure and BREEAM In-Use manuals
- Offering Introduction to BREEAM In-Use training in Norwegian, followed by translated BREEAM In-Use Assessor training.
Grønn Byggallianse is also creating an assessor community for BREEAM Infrastructure in Norway (alongside the existing BREEAM In-Use assessor community).
If you’re interested in joining the assessor community for BREEAM Infrastructure in Norway, please contact Grønn Byggallianse.
Register your interest in BREEAM Infrastructure in Norway: [email protected]
Register your interest in BREEAM In-Use in Norway: [email protected]
Register your interest in Spain: [email protected]