Financial Controls, Records and Reporting
We all have a duty to record, retain and report company information honestly and accurately in accordance with applicable laws and BREās internal accounting and reporting policies. This applies to both financial and non-financial information and is this essential in protecting BREās credibility and reputation.
Q: You are about to complete your expenses claim for a recent business trip. You are wondering whether you can include a couple of receipts from local tourist attractions that you visited in your free time.
Can you do this?
A: NO. You may not put personal expenses through as business expenses. If unsure, speak to your Line Manager or a representative from the Operations, Finance or Legal teams.
Doās and Donāts
- Ensure all transactions are properly authorised.
- Accurately record information.
- Complete and approve all expenses claims accurately, and following the BRE Group Travel and Expenses Policy.
- Comply with applicable BREās document retention and disposal rules in accordance with the Control of Records Procedure.
- Take care to effectively manage and protect all information created or received by BRE to make sure it is preserved and available when needed.
- Report any concerns about suspected irregularities regarding documentation to your Line Manager and Operations, Finance or Legal teams as appropriate.
- Keep any accounts āoff-bookā to facilitate or conceal improper or unauthorised payments.
- Make a deliberately false or misleading entry in an expense claim or record.
- Submit any type of documentation that is misleading or inaccurate.
- Sign or agree to binding commitments on behalf of BRE unless you are authorised to do so.