BRE’s electronic security team provide a high level of knowledge and expertise which is applied to providing UKAS-accredited testing and certification services for a range of intrusion detection and access control systems and components.
We work closely with product manufacturers to ensure that test and certification programmes are carefully managed and to provide continuous feedback to ensure that manufacturers are fully engaged at all stages.
Our electronic security team can provide UKAS-accredited testing and certification to the following European product standards:
- EN 50131-2-2 – Passive infrared movement detectors
- EN 50131-2-3 – Microwave movement detectors
- EN 50131-2-4 – Combined microwave and passive infrared movement detectors
- EN 50131-2-6 – Opening contacts (magnetic)
- EN 50131-3 – Control and indicating equipment
- EN 50131-4 – Warning devices
- EN 50131-6 – Power supplies
- EN 50131-10 – Application specific requirements for supervises premises transceivers in intrusion alarm systems
- EN 50136-2 – Supervised premises transceivers
- EN 50136-3 – Receiving centre transceivers
- EN 60839-11-1 – Electronic access control systems, system and components
We can also provide assessment of intrusion detection products to the UK published document PD 6662 and the British Standard BS 8243.
The range of accredited services will grow as new capabilities are added. LPCB certified products will be listed in www.redbooklive.com.
As active members of the European Fire and Security Group (EFSG) we are able to work in collaboration with our EFSG partners to facilitate the granting of multiple certification marks.
All testing is supported by on-site EMC (electro-magnetic compatibility) and environmental conditioning (climatic, vibration, shock, impact) facilities.
Additional services include:
- Facilities for evaluation of free-standing and ground-based perimeter detection systems (PIDS) over a 100m range
- Testing under the CPNI Video Analytics scheme.