BRE’s electronic security team possesses a high level of knowledge and expertise which is applied to the provision of UKAS-accredited testing and certification services for a range of intrusion detection products, access control systems and components.
We work closely with product manufacturers to ensure that test and certification programmes are carefully managed and to provide continuous feedback to ensure that manufacturers are fully engaged at all stages.
We provide third-party accredited testing and certification to the following European product standards:
- EN 50131-2-2 – Passive infrared movement detectors
- EN 50131-2-3 – Microwave movement detectors
- EN 50131-2-4 – Combined microwave and passive infrared movement detectors
- EN 50131-2-6 – Opening contacts (magnetic)
- EN 50131-3 – Control and indicating equipment.
- EN 50131-4 – Warning devices
- EN 50131-6 – Power supplies
- EN 50131-10 – Application specific requirements for supervises premises transceivers in intrusion alarm systems.
- EN 50136-2 – Supervised premises transceivers
- EN 50136-3 – Receiving centre transceivers.
- EN 60839-11-1 – Electronic access control systems, system, and components
The LPCB certification mark allows manufacturers to positively distinguish their products on the market. Products certified by LPCB are listed on RedBookLive – our internationally recognised list of certified products used by specifiers, purchasers and other key stakeholders across the globe when selecting security equipment.
We can also provide assessment of intrusion detection products to determine their compatibility with the applicable requirements of:
- PD 6662 Scheme for the application of European Standards for intrusion and hold-up alarm systems.
- British Standard BS 8243 Design, installation and configuration of intruder and hold-up alarm systems designed to generate confirmed alarm conditions – Code of practice.
All testing is supported by on-site Electro-Magnetic Compatibility (EMC) and environmental conditioning facilities such as, climatic and corrosion chambers, shock, and vibration testing equipment.
Our membership to the European Fire and Security Group (EFSG) gives us the opportunity to work in collaboration with some of Europe’s leading test houses to facilitate the addition of multiple certification marks for better recognition within the European market.
Additional services include:
- Pre-compliance testing
- Facilities for evaluation of free-standing and ground-based perimeter detection systems (PIDS)
- Testing to the Video Analytics Assessment Programme operated by NPSA