The Crime Risk Management Team provides independent and professional crime reduction/crime prevention services.
Crime, disorder and fear reduce quality of life and pose a threat to sustainable communities. We carry out detailed scientific assessments and draw up action plans to reduce or remove crime and disorder problems. We provide a complete one-stopÂ package of solutions that are carefully tailored to meet the client’s needs.
Our team of crime research experts provide the following specialist services:
- Identification and management of crime risks
- Crime and disorder reduction techniques
- Crime Opportunity Profiling of Streets (COPS) and Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED), which has fed into ourÂ Safe Town Centres at NightÂ toolkit, available as a free download (see ‘downloads’ box)
- Tackling drug and alcohol abuse
- Evaluation of projects, systems and programmes against set objectives.
- Research to improve delivery of services or new strategies.
We offer a wide range of professional research, training and advisory services to tackle crime, disorder, and fear of crime. We have a strong record in crime risk management, designing-out crime and delivering community safety projects, to create sustainable, safe, secure and pleasant places for people to live, work and travel through. BRE has also developed theÂ SABREÂ security risk management standard for buildings and infrastructure.