DataBook is the hosted data library for the construction industry. Underpinned by consistent data templates (such as BRE Templater), DataBook delivers standardised data to provide the supply chain with reliable BIM data.
Free to list. Free to use.
DataBook for the entire supply chain
- Define product data to consistent standards.
- Any manufacturer – large or small – can upload their full range of standardised data for FREE.
- Cost effective and efficient way of getting digital construction product information to the supply chain, from design through commissioning.
- Product entries can be enhanced with images, supporting documents and linked to the manufacturer’s website.
- A perpetual store of BIM product data. List once and the data is accessible forever.
- Value added services will become available e.g. check and validate your BIM data listings.
Architects, design engineers & specifiers
- Access to manufacturers’ product data from within your BIM design software and via an intuitive portal databooklive.com.
- Flexibility to refine and breakdown existing products to specify the right BIM object for each construction project.
- Product data configurable for project stage and role (e.g. architect, engineer, transporter, commissioner).
- Criteria choice that considers not just the physicality of the product but also the value-added components e.g. certification, geographic location, environmental ratings
- Visualise concepts swiftly by using reliable data and plug-ins.
- An agile tool with the ability to quickly link or attach BIM data from manufacturers to standard BIM objects – no need to import unwieldy and complicated geometry.
- Change the product data attached to a BIM Object without leaving BIM applications such as Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, Civil 3D, Navisworks etc. (Open API for other vendors to develop plug-ins).
- Access to easily searchable product information to help inform your BIM Employer’s Information Requirements.
- Reliable data ready to download for Facilities Managers and Operations Partners.
- The information is always available, reducing reliance on architects and software vendors.
- Perpetual access to manufacturers’ product data for the entire building lifecycle.