This programme aims to provide the education and skills to enable employers to develop a suitably qualified workforce of construction site managers.
Students will also be provided with a Professional Mentor to support them in the process of applying for CIOB professional recognition (with the CIOB e portfolio).
The programme has been developed in close collaboration with employers, Constructing Excellence and the Building Research Establishment (BRE).
The programme has been aligned with the new apprenticeship standards – however they are not yet ready to use at this point.Â Students starting the degree this September however maybe able to transfer onto the apprenticeship funded route when it becomes as and when it becomes available. To find out more please visit the course page.
What qualification will the students attain?
- BA (Hons) Construction Management
Who is it for?
- Existing staff recently completing a HNC /HND
- NEW staff or trainees with a HNC/HND level qualification
What does it cost?
- ÂŁ4,300 a year (over three years however companies may also be able to apply for CITB grants to help offset the cost)
Â What makes the programme unique?
- Degree + Professional qualification with regular mentoring support provided in the workplace
- Shaped and delivered in collaboration with BRE and Constructing Excellence
- Delivery involves industry experts
- Built around the contemporary challenges facing the industry
- Specialist modules on both Building Information Management and Sustainable Construction
- Includes student membership of Constructing Excellence, BRE and CIOB.
- Informed and developed with the Industry led trailblazer group
- Costs 30% less than typical part time degree courses in construction
The programme is scheduled to begin on 24th September 2016. The closing date for applications is 5th September 2016.