EMEX 2018 takes place over two days in November at London ExCel. Energy is a cost to most organisations that has grown as a proportion of overall expenditure in recent years. However there is considerable potential within most organisations to make large energy cost and carbon emission savings through the installation of energy efficiency measures.
EMEX connects industrial and commercial energy
Join us at EMEX 2018
Andy Lewry from BRE is hosting an expert panel on Wednesday 21st November 2018, 12:20- 12:50hrs, Facilities, Technology and Innovation Theatre.
The panel consists of the following industry experts:
- Emma Bushell, Sustainability and Energy Manager, Octavia Housing
- Debbie Hobbs, Head of Sustainability, Real Assets, Legal & General Investment Management
- Dr Andy Lewry, Principal Technical Consultant, BREEAM Existing Buildings Team, BRE Global
- Paul Lynch, Head of Energy & Water Management, VINCI Facilitie
We will discuss why we have the ability to design good buildings and the knowledge to operate them in an effective and efficient manner – so why doesn’t it happen?
Each panellist brings their unique perspective on why we know how to build good performance buildings, but the issue seems to be having the design feed through to performance-in-use. This has led to what has been termed the performance gap, which has been estimated at increased energy usage of between 200-450%. The effect on the asset and its value is just as dramatic with:
- Deterioration of value
- Service life of plant reduced
- Fabric lifetime reduced
- Costly remedial works to maintain value
- In ‘void’ periods there is likely to be still further deterioration through lack of use
- Loss of reputation.