We are excited to announce that BREEAM International New Construction Version 6 (INC V6) has now launched. The new manual has been released and the new version is now open for registrations.
The changes in the Version 6 release are purely to the Energy category, and are significant enough to warrant a change in version. All other categories will remain the same as the content in the 2016 version.
Projects assessed against this new version will benefit from:
• Greater support to projects on the road to Net Zero Carbon
• Alignment of energy outputs with EU taxonomy classification criteria
• Recognition and encouragement of operational energy modelling
• Updated energy performance benchmarks
• Greater convergence with other BREEAM schemes
We understand that it is important for you to have time to review and digest the changes in the new manual to support your clients with project registrations, so we will be providing transition time between opening the new version to registrations and closing the previous version. Therefore, projects will continue to be able to register to the existing 2016 version until 14 January 2022. After this date the only version for new registrations will be V6. As with any new version that is released, it will remain possible to move an existing registration forward to a newer version (or newer issue of a manual) but it is not possible to move a registration back to an earlier version.
A reminder of the Key transition dates:
- Wednesday 1 December 2021 – Publication of the new manual and INC V6 registrations open
- Friday 14 January 2022 – Closure of International New Construction 2016 registrations
To find out more about the update, please refer to the Summary of Changes document. This is available on BREEAM Projects within Documents and Tools.
BREEAM case studies
Browse the latest case studies from BREEAM